PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Set and missing PC3 file

Rico
2006-05-24, 09:58 PM
If I was, hypothetically, to create a sheet set and transmit it to another firm, would there or rather should there be any problem with plotting?

I ask because a co-worker was sent a file that was quite obviously made with a sheet set. When he tries to print using our company default plot settings he gets an error message about a missing .pc3 file.

any ideas on how he might be able to print this document? i.e.: get around this issue?

Mike.Perry
2006-05-24, 10:01 PM
Hi Rico

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Mike.Perry
2006-05-24, 10:09 PM
Hi

If I was, hypothetically, to create a sheet set and transmit it to another firm, would there or rather should there be any problem with plotting?Nope!

I ask because a co-worker was sent a file that was quite obviously made with a sheet set. When he tries to print using our company default plot settings he gets an error message about a missing .pc3 file.If the outside party did not send the .PC3 ( and you do not have a .PC3 with exactly the same name in house ), you will experience this non critical Plot error message, even if you were not using Sheet Set Manager.

any ideas on how he might be able to print this document? i.e.: get around this issue?You should be able to just ignore the error message.

OR

Look at creating or importing a PageSetup that works correctly at your end, then applying it to all relevant drawing file Layouts.

OR

Take a look at system variable PlQuiet.

OR

Have a good one, Mike

Chris.N
2006-06-06, 06:46 PM
If I was, hypothetically, to create a sheet set and transmit it to another firm, would there or rather should there be any problem with plotting?

I ask because a co-worker was sent a file that was quite obviously made with a sheet set. When he tries to print using our company default plot settings he gets an error message about a missing .pc3 file.

any ideas on how he might be able to print this document? i.e.: get around this issue?sounds like the source didn't use 'eTransmit'.... there are switches in the eTransmit setup that toggles the inclusion of all types of linked files to the drawings, pc3's included.