PDA

View Full Version : batch upgrading legacy details, families, etc

Justin Marchiel
2006-05-24, 10:54 PM
Moving from 8.1 to 9.0 is there a way to batch upgrade your files instead of opening and saving each of them?

Justin

blads
2006-05-25, 01:15 AM
There was an upgrade utility on the RB9 CD that was issued - I believe it has already uploaded previously. You may find it if you do a search...

This is a Content Batch Upgrade utility. Using this utility, you can automatically upgrade Revit family files to the current file format of Revit. Instructions: Run Upgrade_RFA.bat first to create a list of all RFA files in the current folder and all subfolders. Then run the journal file Upgrade_RFA.txt by dragging it onto your Revit shortcut.

patricks
2006-06-29, 09:22 PM
For some reason I can't get this thing to work.

I unzipped the files and copied the Upgrade RFA files to our family library on our server. But when I run the batch file, it creates the Families_rfa text file on my C:/ drive, and nothing is in it, it's just a blank document. Any ideas? I'm trying to finish up a new version 9 template for the office and I'd like to not have every family I load have to upgrade itself upon loading.

*edit* nevermind I had to go over to the server machine and actually do it from there... wierd.