PDA

View Full Version : Extracting individual components

David J Krope
2006-05-25, 01:45 AM
I would like to extract individual components from the model to create a curtain wall sheet, a railing profile sheet and a structural element profile sheet. I would like to extract the actual element the same way as we do with legends, kinda...

I know that I could turn off all but the curtain walls and create a number of elevations that would then show only the curtain wall. This could work but becomes a bit harder with railings.

The structure is also an issue. We have created a number of generic structural framing elements as in place components. These are next going to the engineer for sizing and then back to us to create custom web layouts. What I would like to do is extract the structural element and show it in elevation for the engineers, tweak and revise while in the model.

I think this capacity would be very helpful. Hide/isolate will not allow this. Any suggestions.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-26, 04:36 AM
Have you experimented with the new Filters in 9? If you add a description to the objects you want to isolate you can filter for this description and limit the visibility of objects in a view to those that meet your Filters criteria.

I'm a little confused by your use of the word "Extract". That implies you want to take it out of Revit as opposed to just isolating the object in a view.

David J Krope
2006-05-26, 05:42 AM
Steve. No extract is my term. Filter is the correct term. I do not wish to take out of Revit other than to provide as a DWG to our none Revit using engineers.

As for 9 we have not converted over on this particular project as we were waiting until FSP's were complete next week. This filtering capacity may be very helpful. Must have missed it?!