PDA

View Full Version : Making Curtain Wall Panel Glazing Transparent in Elevation

nkwa
2006-05-25, 04:30 PM
I'm developing a building model that makes extensive use of curtain wall glazing. I want the glazing to show 50% transparent in the non-3d elevation view (i.e. with floor level annotations visible).

I used a modified generic wall as the curtain panel with transparency set to 50%. It shows transparent in 3d elevation view, but opaque in non-3d elevation view. Short of using an empty glazing for a curtain panel, is there a way to fix this?

tomnewsom
2006-05-25, 05:00 PM
No transparency in 2d views I'm afraid.

The workaraound (and it's a horrible one) is to create an orthographic 3d view that lines up with the elevation, scale it by eye to the right size and then overlay your annotations with another view on top on your sheet.

AFAIK. This might be fixed in v9... Anyone?

Andre Baros
2006-05-25, 05:48 PM
You're basically right that you need to use a 3D view oriented orthographically, but I don't think you have to do it by eye. If you start our with your elevation already set up, you can open a new 3D view and use the "view>Orient>to other view" tool to match up your 3D view to your elevation. As long as you don't spin the view, it's a perfect match to your elevation. Notes can go right into the view as well as some dimensions.

dpollard909366
2006-05-25, 06:08 PM
One more technique is if you have r9.0... and depending on how many panels you need to see through is you can use the "show hidden lines" tool and set your hidden lines visibility override to a grey or black or whatever you want.