PDA

View Full Version : Pull-down menus - mixing AutoCAD and Desktop

rvorkapich
2006-05-25, 04:58 PM
My office is just starting to use Desktop 2006. We want to have some of the AutoCAD pull-down menus (Tools, Draw, Dimension, Modify) in addition to the Desktop pull-down menus (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Window, Help). By messing around with the CUI, I've managed to get just the pull-downs I want. But I can't specify the order of them. No matter how I sort them in the CUI, they come in Desktop first, then AutoCAD. I want Window and Help at the end, but they're showing up in the middle!

I know this sounds minor, but my task is to replicate the menu configuration we used to have with Desktop 3.3. In that application, the MENULOAD dialog box allowed me to include, exclude, and, most importantly, SORT the pull-downs.

Any hints or guidance would be appreciated.

Opie
2006-05-25, 05:34 PM
My office is just starting to use Desktop 2006. We want to have some of the AutoCAD pull-down menus (Tools, Draw, Dimension, Modify) in addition to the Desktop pull-down menus (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Window, Help). By messing around with the CUI, I've managed to get just the pull-downs I want. But I can't specify the order of them. No matter how I sort them in the CUI, they come in Desktop first, then AutoCAD. I want Window and Help at the end, but they're showing up in the middle!

I know this sounds minor, but my task is to replicate the menu configuration we used to have with Desktop 3.3. In that application, the MENULOAD dialog box allowed me to include, exclude, and, most importantly, SORT the pull-downs.

Any hints or guidance would be appreciated.
You will need to look at WORKSPACES. You can adjust the order there.

Mike.Perry
2006-05-25, 08:11 PM
My office is just starting to use Desktop 2006. We want to have some of the AutoCAD pull-down menus (Tools, Draw, Dimension, Modify) in addition to the Desktop pull-down menus (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Window, Help). By messing around with the CUI, I've managed to get just the pull-downs I want. But I can't specify the order of them. No matter how I sort them in the CUI, they come in Desktop first, then AutoCAD. I want Window and Help at the end, but they're showing up in the middle!Hi "rvorkapich" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name )

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

jpaulsen
2006-05-26, 03:39 PM
Opie is correct. Open the workspace toolbar and create a workspace with a unique name. Open the CUI and select the new workspace from the list on the left. Your workspace will show in the top right pane. You can drag and drop the menus into the order you prefer.

Workspaces are saved in the main CUI, which is the Land.cui by default. Using the default CUI configuration you will need to copy the modified Land.cui to all the workstations for each person that uses them.

There are many different ways to configure the CUI. For example, my office sets a User.cui as the main. The User.cui is stored on the network so employees have access to there customizations from any computer. The Land.cui is set as the Enterprise and stored on the network.

This is a very brief description of one scenario. If you want to learn more about it see Notes on the philosophy of CUI (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=18955). It's a long thread but it contains alot of useful information.

rvorkapich
2006-05-26, 04:56 PM
Thanks. I was trying to do it with a custom CUI, and that was just frustrating! Ultimately, we want to have the whole office reading our custom menus, so this is very helpful info. Again, thanks.