PDA

View Full Version : color by PS tab

fishervb
2006-05-25, 08:17 PM
Yo!
Anyone know if its possible to control color by Layout tab in Civ3D?
Ex: greyscale in Tab1, but Big and bold in tab2 for the same object?

sinc
2006-05-25, 10:25 PM
I'm guessing that you shouldn't be using layout tabs. Instead, use one drawing per layout. Then use styles to make your object look the way you want in each drawing.

Aquaserpent
2006-05-26, 10:43 AM
Why not set-up CTB files that will plot the way you want then assign the CTB files to the page set-up for that TAB. That sounds like the quickest solution to the method described.

Phil Ferguson
2006-05-26, 11:48 AM
Another approach might be to create different layer states for each layout tab. I used to have (don't know where it is anymore) a lisp routine that would automatically change the layer states as you switched from tab to tab (required that the layer state be named the same as the layout tab). I found that I rarely needed that level of automation so I just change the layer state as I switch from tab to tab.

rkmcswain
2006-05-26, 11:52 AM
a lisp routine that would automatically change the layer states as you switched from tab to tab (required that the layer state be named the same as the layout tab).
Maybe you are referring to LOSWITCH.DVB found at http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm ?

fishervb
2006-05-31, 12:13 PM
I'm still pretty new to this particular company, so all of those things will be investigated and I'll be able to give these ideas to the higher-ups.
I like the idea of using different layer states per tab, and I'll investigate the ideas of using different .ctb files as well.
I was just curious if it could be done via tab yet, or if it needs to be controlled in other ways.
Thanks for your ideas!