PDA

View Full Version : Linked DWG wont Remove or Purge completely

nigeld
2006-05-26, 01:33 AM
I linked a dwg file into my revit 9 project , and now no longer need it. I went to Manage Links and Removed it and it is no longer listed. OK so far. Under VG Visibility Graphics - Imported Categories, the dwg file is still listed. The dwg is not visible in the views, but is still listed in all "imported categories" for all views in the project.
I have tried purge, resave and still no joy. Any ideas on how do I remove the dwg completely?

Many thanks.
Nigel
Revit 9 (latest build)

Mr Spot
2006-05-26, 03:16 AM
Sounds like its been imported into another view as current view only and not linked as well.

Check through your views and see if its turned off in one of them. Once all instances of the dwg have been deleted it will no longer appear in your list.

nigeld
2006-05-26, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the reply but I have tried that and dont get anything that is selectable. I also tried a new view with model and annotation off but the linked dwg on. zoom fit etc revealed nothing. Maybe it is way out in space but zoom all wont reveal it and I dont know which part of the universe to zoom in to. Surely "remove" means remove and this lack 100% removal must be a bug? Any ideas how to identify where it is?

nigeld
2006-05-26, 04:11 AM
Solved. I reset "View Range" bottom of view to "unlimited" then used select all followed by the filter button. This listed all so I unticked all objects except the dwg, then it could be deleted safely. Thanks Chris.