PDA

View Full Version : startup speed of Revit 9

davidwlight
2006-05-26, 04:16 PM
This may of been asked before, so I apologize if it has...but does any body have a technical answer why Revit 9 is so slow to start first time round, Revit 8.1 wasn't a lot better; doesn't make any difference whether its standalone or network. You double click the revit icon.............& nothing....then the splash screen....will splash:) . Would be good to see the splash screen straight away, to at least let you know something maybe happening. For instant has it anything to do with writing journal files? Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.:beer:

beegee
2006-05-27, 12:35 AM
FWIW, we are seeing RB9.0 take longer to load than 8.1.

anthony.67953
2006-05-28, 12:09 AM
Yup I think most of us open revit twice because we are impatient.

bowlingbrad
2006-05-28, 02:13 PM
I guess an option would be to put revit in the startup folder. Then, in the morning, you turn your computer on, login, and go get your morning liquid refreshments.

Wes Macaulay
2006-05-28, 05:04 PM
My suspicion is that Revit loads some extra Windows goodies that Windows doesn't load during boot up (who knows what). Once it's loaded, it stays around for the next time you open Revit. AutoCAD is the same way -- it even has a startup accelerator so that the first load of AutoCAD is as fast as the second. I see that the AutoCAD startup app is labelled "speeds startup of AutoCAD by populating the disk cache". Whatever that means ;-)