PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Linked Cad Files

parleyburnett
2006-05-26, 10:00 PM
Can anybody enlighten me here... I use an imported (linked) cad file for my site plan on which my building model sits on top of. It looks great and I like the query option to hide certain layers and all that. Works great! great until I have to make a minor change to the site. See a change as simple as a new short line that is completely independent and doesnt touch anything else will throw revit off and make me delete all my revit dimensions that are dimensioning the cad file. This is really annoying!! I can dimension within the cad file, but I like the uniformness of having all revit dimensions. Does this happen to anybody else. What do you do?

Melarch
2006-05-27, 10:38 AM
If you look in the File menu under Manage Links on the CAD Format tab, you will see your linked CAD files listed. Select the CAD file or files you want to reload and pick the Reload button at the bottom.

Mel Persin, AIA

sbrown
2006-05-28, 12:26 PM
Your dimensions should stay , however there are many ways that cause them to be deleted. If you do a manual reload it seems to make them delete, when revit does it on opening they stay?? So I recomend NOT dimensioning to acad lines but to add detail lines by using the pick tool, then dim to those.