PDA

View Full Version : Separate Area Schedule Per Floor

kurk
2006-05-29, 06:51 AM
Im still a relative newbie in Revit as far as experience goes and am having trouble creating a separate area schedule for each floor of my building without them being grouped into one schedule. I have tried making a new 'Area Scheme' but this isnt working either.

I am doing a mass model with floors created by faces and have created area boundaries by sketching them since there are no walls as such yet.

We want to be able to produce a prelimary area schedule for each floor separating possible circulation/core/office space etc.

Can anyone help??

p.s. i am off home to bed now to clear my head befor attacking agin in the morning!

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-05-29, 07:04 AM
Kurk. Make sure the Area schedule includes the "Level" Parameter. Then using "filters" set the required fields to see only that floor/level.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-05-29, 07:23 AM
Go to the properties of your schedule and under the Filter tab choose which level you want to see in your schedule. You need to duplicate the schedule to show each level in a separate schedule.
If you are just looking to separate the areas by floor you can do that by using the Sorting/Grouping options.

kurk
2006-05-29, 09:03 PM
Excellent! Thanks Shaun and Dimitri that did the trick (both answers very helpful). I knew it should be something reasonably simple and able to be done in this awesome program!.

You have made my morning, the birds are singing (well actually the ships on the harbour out the window are blowing their horns but it's all good) and I have a spring in my step again.

Cheers,
kurk :)