PDA

View Full Version : Color Fill cut line

lwitzel
2006-05-30, 06:37 PM
I have a problem with Color fills disappearing when floors are made visible. Unfortunately, if the floors are left off, you can see stairs going under the floor level.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do you fix it?

Steve Jager
2006-05-30, 07:12 PM
That's what is supposed to happen. when color fills are turned on the floors are auto turned off (you get this message) The fill pattern does not cover stairs or funriture or toilet fixtures or anyhting else.

sbrown
2006-05-30, 07:33 PM
If you want to see your floor surface pattern and stairs, etc. Here is what I do. Create 2 plans one is the color fill with floors off, stairs off, etc. Then place that on a sheet, then duplicate that view, turn off everything but floors and stairs, set to wireframe and place on sheet, it will sync up ontop of your color fill plan leaving you with a very pretty picture.

lwitzel
2006-05-30, 07:34 PM
What you are telling me here is that I should be satisfied that the floor disappears because that is what it is supposed to do. The mere side effect of being able to see items that in reality should not be seen on my active floor should be an acceptable condition and this isn't going to cause unnecessary confusion to clients, user groups nor my bosses?

That doesn't work for me. I am not satisfied with falsifying conditions in areas outside my immediate scope just to create an illusion that reflects reality everywhere except inside my Revit drawings so that my Revit drawings will look correct in certain views.

lwitzel
2006-05-30, 07:38 PM
If no one can offer anything better, I'll try what Scott is suggesting and thanks for that... although it does seem a little labor intensive for what you are getting and seems to fly in the face of some the supposed benefits of using Revit over other software.