PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Room Tags

tect75
2006-05-30, 09:15 PM
ok when i change phases from existing to new construction all my room tags disappear. i cant retag the rooms nor make the existing tags show up. i cant even tag new rooms i have created in the addition. what am i missing here.

dgreen.49364
2006-05-30, 11:08 PM
Not sure exactly, but I know that if you tag a room in the existing phase, the room tag will go away in the new phase. Then when you go to the new phase you add a room tag to the same room and it can be a different name and number than during the existing phase. I am guessing that Revit treats rooms and room tags as unique for different phases.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-31, 03:55 AM
A room can only exist in one phase. If you need a room to exist in a future phase you'll have to copy/paste in a view set to the future phase. In the future, I'm hoping that rooms get to persist across phases like other model objects.

tect75
2006-05-31, 02:08 PM
thanks guys, i tried that got it to work. yeah definately somethjing to work on for a future release.

oh, and steve.....come on u can do it. only one more to go (to 4000) ;)

tect75
2006-06-14, 07:45 PM
ok, resurrecting this thread again. whenst we last left i could at least copy room tags from the previous phase and paste them into the current phase. suddenly i can no longer do that. i get the error in the pic below. never had this problem in r7 or 8 or 8.1 that i remember. ~rant on~ why must they "fix" something by breaking it. ~rant off~ anyone have a workaround or a way to fix this? this is really going to make CD's a drag if i have to use text to label rooms.

tect75
2006-06-14, 09:43 PM
ok i figured it out. using the basics tab on the side, i used the room command and redifined the room spaces in the new phase. now i have room tags again. and i finally found the room seperation lines. thank god. i was really going nuts.

patricks
2006-06-14, 10:40 PM
Now maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't this introduced with version 9? In previous versions, rooms where the same in all phases, were they not? So now you can have them different in different phases.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-15, 12:47 AM
Now maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't this introduced with version 9? In previous versions, rooms where the same in all phases, were they not? So now you can have them different in different phases.No, rooms have always been phase and view specific until RB9. Now rooms are not view specific but their tags are. They (rooms) remain limited to one phase.