PDA

View Full Version : Visibility of Wall Finishes

jason.combs
2006-05-31, 02:38 PM
I am helping out with creating models for multi and single family home units. On the floor plans I would like to display the exterior finish of the exterior walls, but do not want to see the finishes of the interior walls.

I can achieve this partly by editing the structure and removing the finishes from the interior wall type. However, this does not seem appropriate when viewing sections of the model, plus seems counter-productive regarding BIM.

The other option that does not fully work either is to override the visibility of the wall properties in the view with a white color to the line work. However, this also removes the exterior wall exterior finish too. I need that to show.

Also related, I want to be able to export these floor plans to ACAD and be able to freeze the door and casings. However, it leaves the ends of the wall without a wrap. I need a line to connect the ends of the walls.

Any ideas?

dhurtubise
2006-05-31, 02:55 PM
You could draw finishes and structure using 2 different wall type. Then use Join Geometry on them for opening to work.
Or use the line work tool to make you finish disapear in one view (time consumming).