PDA

View Full Version : Fillet Detail Components

doug.61606
2006-05-31, 02:42 PM
When working on a stair section which has a small sloped ceiling portion, I find myself needing to bring two detail compents of "Gypsum Wallboard" section together at a 45deg angle. Of course they do not form a perfect corner, so I am wracking my brain trying to make it look nice.... is there a way to fillet them together so that they meet at the proper 22.5 deg angle?

This seems simple enough. In ADT you can individually pick the outer lines and drag them to the proper point and the hatch goes along with it, forming a perfect joint. But in Revit there is not way to do this with the pre-made details... I know that I could use a Filled Region instead, but I thought the idea of the detail components was to save time, not create more work...

Any thoughts, suggestions...?

Thanks

Doug

aaronrumple
2006-05-31, 03:13 PM
When working on a stair section which has a small sloped ceiling portion, I find myself needing to bring two detail compents of "Gypsum Wallboard" section together at a 45deg angle. Of course they do not form a perfect corner, so I am wracking my brain trying to make it look nice.... is there a way to fillet them together so that they meet at the proper 22.5 deg angle?

This seems simple enough. In ADT you can individually pick the outer lines and drag them to the proper point and the hatch goes along with it, forming a perfect joint. But in Revit there is not way to do this with the pre-made details... I know that I could use a Filled Region instead, but I thought the idea of the detail components was to save time, not create more work...

Any thoughts, suggestions...?

Thanks

Doug
Well - you could patch it with a filled region...
However if you think about it, the contractor isn't going to miter the gyp. bd. So using Revit's detail component with square edges butted together is actually a more accurate representation of how it is really built.