PDA

View Full Version : Filled region on sheets

mmenendez
2006-05-31, 06:23 PM
I am creating a legend on one of my sheets. I would like to create a box with a filled region (grey solid fill), to represent existing areas. I notice that while I'm in the sheet, the filled region command is not available. Anyone have any advice how to accomplish this? Thanks in advance!

sbrown
2006-05-31, 06:34 PM
You could make a generic annotation with the filled region and then place it on your sheets. Or create a drafting view with teh filled region and place it on your sheet.

mmenendez
2006-05-31, 08:13 PM
THANKS, I ended up creating a detail view of it like you suggested...thanks again

mmenendez
2006-05-31, 08:44 PM
I just realized that when I created this detail view and dragged it onto the sheet, that it brought a title to the viewport. Is it possible for that particular title to not be visible?

robert3103180
2006-05-31, 08:56 PM
Maybe creating a new title that has the information you want, or a blank title type if it is possible and then selecting that one.

mmenendez
2006-05-31, 09:01 PM
Maybe creating a new title that has the information you want, or a blank title type if it is possible and then selecting that one.

How do I create a new title?

sbrown
2006-06-01, 12:48 AM
Pick on the viewport, then click properties, edit>new>duplicate, modify the settings for view title to none.

mmenendez
2006-06-01, 01:27 PM
Thanks! I have found that you can change some things about the sheet title but not the actual look of it. I would like to change the location of the scale and increase the size of the title. However, I can't seem to find where to change this. I could choose not to view the title and create a family for it or a detail view and bring it in. Is there any other way?

eddy.lermytte
2006-06-01, 01:59 PM
mmenendez
the easiest way is to adjust the excisting View Title annotation Rfa.
Look in your project browser under Annotation symbols for the View Title Rfa. > right click and choose edit.

mmenendez
2006-06-01, 03:10 PM
Oh, ok...thanks so much!

mmenendez
2006-06-01, 07:52 PM
mmenendez
the easiest way is to adjust the excisting View Title annotation Rfa.
Look in your project browser under Annotation symbols for the View Title Rfa. > right click and choose edit.

I tried this, and made the changes that I wanted. I even loaded the annotation symbol back into my project...BUT the one I want to show up isn't visible. How do I get the right one to show up?

D.Williams
2006-06-02, 11:49 AM
Now that you have your new annotation loaded you need to apply it to the specific view (per Scott's post above). Click on the view while on the sheet and change which type of view title you want to apply in the dropdown list next to the Properties button. If you haven't already duplicated an existing view type, then do so and change the "Title" parameter to the view annotation you created.

mmenendez
2006-06-05, 01:41 PM
Now that you have your new annotation loaded you need to apply it to the specific view (per Scott's post above). Click on the view while on the sheet and change which type of view title you want to apply in the dropdown list next to the Properties button. If you haven't already duplicated an existing view type, then do so and change the "Title" parameter to the view annotation you created.

Thanks for the reply! I actually figured it out. I did what you and Scott suggested but there is a step before I had to do that. This is what I did. I clicked on the viewport and went to its properties instead of the dropdown list. Next i went to its type properties, created a duplicate and found the title annotation I created under the graphics parameter drop down list. I just had to choose the annotation title I created and applied it.

Thank you again to everyone!