PDA

View Full Version : "Long" Sheet List Table does not wrap?

mcoffman
2006-05-31, 10:48 PM
I've been playing around a bit with using the sheet set manager to create an index for a drawing set. I can insert the table without any trouble, the problem is that I have nearly 100 sheets in the set and the table doesn't "wrap" into new columns. Instead it creates one really long table that doesn't fit on the sheet. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
MC

Mike.Perry
2006-05-31, 11:36 PM
Hi

Look at placing the Table in Modelspace, then use Floating Viewports in Paperspace ( Layout ) to create the effect you are after.

Have a good one, Mike

mcoffman
2006-05-31, 11:42 PM
Thanks. That is a good work around for now, however I like to keep things as simple as possible for the next guy coming down the pike. That could get kind of confusing for some of the customers we work with as well as the next drafter to work on the project if they weren't aware of the technique. I'll see what I can do with it though. Thanks!

Has anyone heard whether a wrap feature will be available in the future?

MC

TerribleTim
2008-07-15, 06:18 PM
OK, I'm gonna bump this one as I'm currently looking for a better fix for this problem. I really don't want to put it in model space if there is a new way. Anyone got an idea?

dubin
2008-08-07, 01:55 PM
Bump! In 2009 can we wrap?

TerribleTim
2008-08-15, 10:40 PM
Hi

Look at placing the Table in Modelspace, then use Floating Viewports in Paperspace ( Layout ) to create the effect you are after.

Have a good one, Mike
Just a side note on this, while it works, you have to move it back to paper space to update the list, then move it back to model space. Too many clicks for my taste. Still looking for a better way.

NEaton
2008-10-16, 08:12 PM
In our vanilla 2009 when you select the table there is a blue triangle in the middle of the bottom border. Stretch it up and the table will divide into multiple number of columns to fit the designated table height. Unfortunately, no headers appear in the new columns.

Nancy

I've been playing around a bit with using the sheet set manager to create an index for a drawing set. I can insert the table without any trouble, the problem is that I have nearly 100 sheets in the set and the table doesn't "wrap" into new columns. Instead it creates one really long table that doesn't fit on the sheet. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
MC

Capt. Computer Crasher
2008-11-04, 08:42 PM
In our vanilla 2009 when you select the table there is a blue triangle in the middle of the bottom border. Stretch it up and the table will divide into multiple number of columns to fit the designated table height. Unfortunately, no headers appear in the new columns.

Nancy
This is the table break is was new for AutoCAD2008. If you right-click the table and choose "properties" and the bottom of the properties box you can turn the table break on/off. also you can choose to repeat header at top or row at bottom you can also choose a breaking length or do it manually

TerribleTim
2008-11-11, 09:43 PM
This is the table break is was new for AutoCAD2008. . .

Thanks Captain! Since I'm still on Acad2007, the real answer is "pay up sucker!" :shock: