PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Elevations

bbacker
2006-06-01, 09:50 PM
:?:

ADT 2006 is my version.

I have generated 1/8" scale elevations of a very long building. Unfortunately, even at 1/8" scale the elevations do not fit on our D size sheets. How can I break an elevation view? Or is there any other method that I could try that would achieve the same results?

I am attaching a pdf of my problem. A pdf is worth a thousand words.

Thank you!

H-Angus
2006-06-02, 09:25 AM
:?:

ADT 2006 is my version.

I have generated 1/8" scale elevations of a very long building. Unfortunately, even at 1/8" scale the elevations do not fit on our D size sheets. How can I break an elevation view? Or is there any other method that I could try that would achieve the same results?

I am attaching a pdf of my problem. A pdf is worth a thousand words.

Thank you!

Have you tried the break tool (its on one of the standard palettes), it allows you to insert a break symbol which has a mask to the other side - insert it on paper spaces and then you will have Eleves sheet 1 of 2 and eElevs sheet 2 of 2.

Alternatively you could use a polygonal viewport to follow the shape of a cut symbol.

bbacker
2006-06-02, 04:11 PM
I am currently experimenting with the break tool.

The problem is I have to make 2-3 copies of each elevation view in order to fit it on the sheet. I have yet to try to edit the elevations. Will a change in the linework of one copy be reflected in the other copies?

It seems like there should be a slicker, more efficient way to handle this problem.

Or is this another example of how unwieldy ADT is?

dkoch
2006-06-02, 04:20 PM
You might consider treating the file in which you generate the elevations as a "base" drawing and XREF that into a "view" or "sheet" file where you could x-clip multiple instances of the XREF as needed to fit on your sheet. You could do the annotation in that file, also.

bbacker
2006-06-02, 04:24 PM
You might consider treating the file in which you generate the elevations as a "base" drawing and XREF that into a "view" or "sheet" file where you could x-clip multiple instances of the XREF as needed to fit on your sheet. You could do the annotation in that file, also.

oooooo that is a good idea. I will try that too. Thank you! :beer:

Chuckyd67
2006-06-05, 11:22 AM
You could also set the length of the cutline to fit on your sheet, and have multiple cut symbols on the plan.