PDA

View Full Version : Workset Change Crashing Revit

dgreen.49364
2006-06-01, 10:34 PM
I have been trying to make a change to my worksets. I have a workset that really doesn't make any sense, so I delete it. Revit asks me if I want to delete those items on that workset or move them to another workset. I choose to move them to another workset. All is fine. The next time I Save to Central, Revit crashes...sometimes with the opportunity to save a recovery file, sometimes with an unrecoverable error...but it always crashes. I have run numerous tests in the last two hours using different commands in different order, Saving to Central regularly. All is fine until I make this workset change.

I have a support request in to AutoDesk but was wondering if anybody else has run into this.

Thanks.

sbrown
2006-06-02, 01:09 AM
You could try making a new central file out of your current local and see if the problem goes away.

jr.78265
2006-06-02, 01:56 AM
Some ideas (perhaps you've already done them),

Try deleting the local file & just creating another one from the central and then do the delete of that workset.

Try opening the central file and deleting the workset, & if it works make a new local file.

Also, try ticking the Audit option when opening the file. Info below on Audit from the Help.
"If desired, select Audit to scan all elements in the project.
This option can detect and fix corrupt elements in the project. This option can greatly increase file opening time. It is recommended to use it only for periodic maintenance of large workset-enabled files or for preparation for upgrade."

dgreen.49364
2006-06-02, 03:06 PM
I've tried both of those things...saving off a new central file, running the audit during opening. To no avail.

Waiting to hear from tech support.

dgreen.49364
2006-06-02, 08:07 PM
I have now tested this on two other stations in my office with the same results.

Has nobody else run into this?

dgreen.49364
2006-06-02, 08:17 PM
Sorry to keep kicking this horse, but I ran a test on another workshare project. It was fine. I deleted the workset and hit Save to Central and it did not crash. I'm guessing this means there is somethig corrupt in the other project file.