PDA

View Full Version : constrained wall neighborhood

mtchuff
2006-06-02, 07:42 AM
I experienced this... tell me if this is normal or not.

Draw a grid line, then a wall and align the center line of the wall to the grid, lock the constrain.
Draw another wall parallel to the first one.
Select it, no automatic dimension allow to change the distance between the walls.
Even with a dimension drawn between the wall, If you select the second wall, you cannot set another distance.
Now unlock the first wall from the grid. Select the second wall.. tada! you can edit the dimension !

Does anybody knows if this is an expected behaviour or should we mention this to development ???

Melarch
2006-06-02, 11:19 AM
I was able to duplicate your example and true enough, no temporary dimension between any other wall and the wall constrained to the grid. I could relocate the temporary dimensions grip drag point to the constrained wall, but it did not refernece the constrained wall automatically.

I find it odd but not unexplainable. First the act of locking (constraining) the wall to Grid is tantamount to assigiing the wall to a level. So the grid becomes the higher element in the relationship.

Dimensions between other walls and the grid behave as expected, although you would expect the temporary dimensions to at least display between the interior wall and the grid constraining the outside wall

Go on and mention it to Autodesk Revit Factory

Mel Persin, AIA