PDA

View Full Version : Grid Line Extensions

dnilsson
2004-06-02, 02:07 PM
It is obvious now that I SHOULD have drawn all of my grid lines in the same direction, i.e. left to right and top to bottom. But I didn't, and when I try to line up grid heads, those drawn in different directions never line up. They get close, but no matter how much I zoom in, they always seem to snap to either side of where I want them. Is there any way to get around this other than redrawing the offending grids? Is there a default snap length for the grid lines somewhere, or a way to set the dominant end of the line?

tonyisenhoff
2004-06-02, 02:25 PM
Try mirroring the grid lines in question.

Tony

dnilsson
2004-06-02, 02:25 PM
I found at least one answer. Scope Boxes. Always wondered what I might use that for.

PeterJ
2004-06-02, 02:26 PM
You should find that all lines drawn in a given direction will act together, but I can't do better than that.

dnilsson
2004-06-02, 02:28 PM
Wow. That was simple. Thanks Tony.

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-02, 03:06 PM
One other way, drag each grid end back over itself until they are reversed, unlock the end(s) first if it is snapping to another though. Basically the same result as a mirror without copy.

ita
2004-06-02, 09:21 PM
All of these comments need to be in Tips & Tricks - for the frst time I realize why had a similar problem and the solution so easy!

Summarising the threads into a simple statement probably presents a problem that Mauwi's WIKI suggestion would solve simply.

Mmmmm just a thought!