PDA

View Full Version : Linking Files

rafterman
2006-06-02, 03:08 PM
I am currently working on a project in Revit Systems. I was wondering if any of you have experienced the same issues with file linking as I have. I have a model that I linked from an architect. The issue that I am having is when I try to place components or equipment that is wall/ceiling hosted it is not letting me. The reason for it is that the walls and ceiling do not actually exist in the Systems model. Has anyone experienced this when they are linking models together architecturally? Any insight on this issue and possible workaround is appreciated.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-06-02, 03:47 PM
Is there a possibility of making a componet that is not wall/ceiling hosted easily?
I know what you're saying, It's seems you should be able to place them if they are in the architects model but I have not used Revit Systems yet.
John

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-09-08, 05:52 PM
Autodesk just came to our office and said that the ceilings from a Linked Revit Building Model are not snappable or alignable.

I said to them." let me go fiure out why, and I'll e-mail you the solution".

When I went to my desk to figure it out, it just worked fine for me, I couldn't get it not to work.

I e-mailed them and sent them the file, and they still couldn't get to work on their end..

Long story short, the difdfernce was the template.rte file our Revit Systems template.rte file was created using Revit Building.

Problem solved