PDA

View Full Version : truss made of structural memebers

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-02, 04:46 PM
I am to make a glulam truss, so i started to use individual members and tried to group them, but soon found out that having sloping members in a group was problematic. if is use an in place family it seems that i can only use solids. Would the way to do it is create a structural member family with the individual members loaded into it?

That seems to be the best method in my mind, but i am looking for anyone else with some experience in the matter.

THanks

Justin

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-02, 05:42 PM
I made the attached truss (steel) using sweeps and structural shape profiles. They were only used for graphical reference not structural analysis and not parametric entirely. See if the approach will satisfy?

Oh, this family is a generic model because when it was made there was a bug when placing the structural trusses and beams using the commands on the structural design bar tab.

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-02, 07:30 PM
could you see my post on truss that i want perpendicular bottom? (just posted). i figured out how to make the member, but i need to modify the nested family, but all i get is error messages when i reload the nested family into the truss family.

Thanks

Justin