PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Imperial Templates

davidcobi
2006-06-05, 08:28 PM
It would be nice to be able to make changes to the door and window rft files. We would like to be able to add plan view symbolic lines and a door swing angle parameter to the rft files but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit these template files. Any suggestions? I guess we could save our changes to rfa files. But then we would have to use the rfa templates instead of the rft templates when ever we start a new window or door.

ron.sanpedro
2006-06-05, 08:36 PM
It would be nice to be able to make changes to the door and window rft files. We would like to be able to add plan view symbolic lines and a door swing angle parameter to the rft files but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit these template files. Any suggestions? I guess we could save our changes to rfa files. But then we would have to use the rfa templates instead of the rft templates when ever we start a new window or door.

Rename your RFA file to RFT, then put it in the appropriate folder. Seems to work just like AutoCAD DWG/DWT. The only difference is the file extension.

Best,
Gordon

davidcobi
2006-06-05, 08:49 PM
Thanks gordon

ron.sanpedro
2006-06-05, 08:54 PM
Thanks gordon

Wooo FREAKIN hooo! My first useful Revit advice! So far my interaction on the forums has been decidedly one sided ;)

Best,
Gordon