PDA

View Full Version : detail scaling

Bill.Jensen
2006-06-05, 11:17 PM
I was wondering about detail scaling and auto-update of dimensions and text. Is there such a way to have a detail that is inserted for a detail sheet (in model space) to be scaled up or down through a viewport (in paper space) and have the text and dimensions update to that new scale?

david_peterson
2006-06-06, 02:54 PM
I believe you can if you use all multi view blocks. You can then set the block to a display rep/scale Sim to this grid bub (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34850&highlight=grid).

Bill.Jensen
2006-06-06, 03:31 PM
I see that this can be done with object blocks, can this be done with text and dimensions?
Or are you saying to make the detail into a block / multiple blocks with different scale text and dimensions?

david_peterson
2006-06-06, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't suggest it, because it'd take you longer to set it up than it would to change it. I just wanted to let you know that I believe it's possible with dimensions. I don't know that you can get text to automatically scale itself. Plus I believe you'd want to do this if your view file, not the sheet file. Sheets are just that, sheets. The point of doing things this way is so that you don't have problems when it comes time to print.