PDA

View Full Version : Phasing Issues.

Elmo
2006-06-06, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure if Revit is supposed to do this or not but when you put a normal component where you have just demolished a wall, the demolished wall takes precedence over the component. How do I change this so that it's the other way around. See pic to see what I mean.

bowlingbrad
2006-06-06, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it all has to do with the view's phase. Anything placed in that phase is set to that phase. You can always demolish it after placement, or you can change it's properties, or you can go to a view with the correct phase and insert it there. I don't think you can actually place something demolished.

HTH

Melarch
2006-06-06, 12:39 PM
What are the view properties for Phasing and Phase Filter? I am not sure I understand what you want to achieve or be able to view.

I setup a similar scenario as you show in your attachment and am unsure as to what you expect to see. Did you set up plan views for existing phase, demo phase and new phase so that the various phases can be set to display the phasing conditions?

I up duplicate views for each of the display conditions that would be represented in a construction document set for existing Level 1 (Phase set to Existing and Phase Filter set to Show All), demo Level 1 (Phase set to New Construction and Phase Filter set to Show Demo + New) and new Level 1 (Phase set to New Construction and Phase Filter set to Show Complete). This is based on the project file using the Default.Rte template.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-06, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure if Revit is supposed to do this or not but when you put a normal component where you have just demolished a wall, the demolished wall takes precedence over the component. How do I change this so that it's the other way around. See pic to see what I mean.The wall in your image looks like the default settings for a "temporary" element, an element whose phase created setting is the same as its phase demolished setting.

Elmo
2006-06-06, 02:27 PM
Isn't the family supposed to override the wall in the view? As far as I understand you are "destroying" that wall so when I put the family there it should be in the forground. What am I missing here?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-06, 03:36 PM
If the family is hosted by the wall then this behaviour makes sense. If the wall is demolished then it can't host the family. Is that the case?

Elmo
2006-06-07, 05:42 AM
HCSL the family is a table which isn't hosted at all. What I need to know is why the demolished wall is is over riding the family? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

bowlingbrad
2006-06-07, 11:49 AM
I'm assuming you're meaning the wall line that goes over the top edge of the table. It is because the cut plane cuts the wall and not the table.

Elmo
2006-06-07, 12:30 PM
I'm assuming you're meaning the wall line that goes over the top edge of the table. It is because the cut plane cuts the wall and not the table.Thanks that answered my question !!