PDA

View Full Version : 'Callouts' shape

6randon.hen9
2006-06-06, 07:39 AM
Scott, thanks for your reply on the archicad forum on the question on marqueing and viewing a model in plan to 3d.

i'm thinking this maybe a better forum to ask revit questions before i get flamed by die-hard archicadders.

was wondering if i'm able to create an irregular shaped callout instead of just rectilinear capsule boxes.

thanks!

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-06, 07:56 AM
Sorry no, since the callout also creates a view and represents the crop region of that view it is currently limited to a four sided rectangular form.

brd
2006-06-06, 03:10 PM
Steve, has anyone asked before why it is necessary for the callout box to determine the size of the crop region? I have found this troublesome many times before. The callout box has to be stretched to a certain size before the line dashes properlly, so if you have a small detail the callout will appear as just a solid blob line. Surely there's something I'm not thinking of, but it seems it would be much easier if the crop region was editable separate from the callout box.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-07, 04:51 AM
Sure, it is a fairly frequent wish. If you create callout using the Reference Other View feature you can sketch a rectangular bubble of whatever size you need but you have to have the view to refer to. Hopefully they'll figure out how to provide polygonal shaped callouts.