PDA

View Full Version : Glass Blocks in Curved Wall

max
2006-06-06, 02:14 PM
Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can place glass blocks in a curved wall?

Thanks

Max

BWG
2006-06-06, 03:28 PM
Use the curtain system to do it. Check out this file to see how I done it. It worked well and was fast. Maybe not exactly glass block, but the client can't tell.

max
2006-06-06, 03:49 PM
Thanks Bruce

max
2006-06-07, 09:22 PM
Bruce (or anyone)

I see what you did and it is exactly what I need, but I can't figure out how to do it. Could someone mayby give me step by step how to do it. I have gone through the help files but still can't do it.

Thanks

max

Rols
2006-06-08, 01:09 PM
Another method is to create a glass block material. It's just 4" thick glass with a surface pattern on it. Then you can just treat it as a masonry wall.

max
2006-06-08, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reply ROLS, but I don't want the entire wall to be glass block. What I actualy want is like a window but it would follow the path of the curved wall. I have tried to cut an opening in the wall, then create a curtain system in the opening. There are two problems with this:

1. The curtain system does not follow the path of the curved wall

2. I can't change the curtain system to glass block.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

max

patricks
2006-06-08, 03:13 PM
On my last big project we had a curved interior glass block wall, and several straight glass block areas within exterior walls. What I did was create a curtain system with 8" spacing, and I also created a mullion profile for the glass block joints, and defined a rectangular profile to represent the aluminum channels around the outside edges of the block area. Then I could draw the curtain system anywhere, straight, curved, whatever, and it would automatically generate a curtain wall with the 8" spacing, the rectangular mullions around the outer edges, and the glass block joint mullions along the inside curtain grid lines.

sbrown
2006-06-08, 04:15 PM
use an embeded wall that is the thickness of the glass block and has a glass block material, then you can make it any shape and embed it in your main wall like a window, then you can still tag it as a wall type.