PDA

View Full Version : LENGTH?????

yishida
2006-06-06, 08:56 PM
hello,

is there a way to get the total length of multiple segment detail lines? as if you'd get the length of a polyline from 'properties' in autocad???

dpollard909366
2006-06-06, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure - you might be able to schedule the detail lines to get that... The real question is though, what are you drawing that needs multiple detail lines? You might want to consider using the power of revit to build components that have perimeter values built into them instead or something of the sort.

The detail lines may not be the best way draw whatever it is you are building....

sbrown
2006-06-06, 09:29 PM
use the tape measure and check the little box. Then pick end point to enpoint on your lines.

yishida
2006-06-06, 11:00 PM
Thanks... I guess I did not articulate my question well. When I want to get the total length of lines like the attached image, I could use measure tool with 'chain' checked, but it still involves clicking every single endpoints of the segments, hence more chance of errors. (if it has many corners with slightest angle that would be almost impossible...)
Is there any way that i can select the whole thing as one chunk, and get the total length calculated????

yishida
2006-06-06, 11:04 PM
> dpollard

thanks for your reply... we actually have this property line (not a detail line, my bad...) which is winding a little bit. in this specific case it was not a hassle to measure them, but I thought there would be a situtation where the lines are more complicated... I'm transitioning from AutoCAD / Rhino combination and trying to see what equivalents do and don't exist....

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-07, 12:04 AM
Yishida,

If it is a property line you are looking to measure be sure to draw it as a property line from the site menu on the design bar. Then you can create a property line schedule to add up distances for you. Be sure to include the distance field in your schedule

gordolake
2006-06-07, 12:36 AM
is there a way to get the total length of multiple segment detail lines? as if you'd get the length of a polyline from 'properties' in autocad???
I use a spline to get total egress path lengths. works fine for single pick object. Gives Length in properties box.

see attached

Steve