PDA

View Full Version : Revit for Cabinets? (Shop Drawings)

dpollard909366
2006-06-07, 12:02 PM
I want to use Revit to model some custom cabinetry... The cabinets are going to made up of cut planes of plywood. I can use revit to coordinate plans, elevations, sections, and 3d views, but I want to also have a sheet showing every cut piece of plywood (sort of a legend)

The idea is that the planes can be computer cut out of plywood sheets, and all of the piece will be coordinated with my model.

Any suggestions on how to make these 'assembly sheets'?

Also I tried making a a plywood family that I could stretch and whatnot, but it seems that each family can only be oriented in one x-y direction. I would have to make separate families for horizontal and vertical pieces, or have a rotation parameter. Is there a way to just free rotate the component in the model?

ejburrell67787
2006-06-07, 12:07 PM
I was going to suggest a legend but I'm not sure if it would give you the elevations. (walls are plans or sections in legends only I think) It might depend on the type of family the ply sheets are, or perhaps you get over it by the orientation you model the sheets in.

Something to think about perhaps. You might also contact Jeffrey McGrew (http://forums.augi.com/member.php?u=67935) as he has made stuff using revit to model it first. (CNC mostly I think.) He used to be a forum member and I assume he still is although he did say he wouldn't be around anymore while he focusses on other things.

bowlingbrad
2006-06-07, 12:10 PM
(inside joke) Building another golf hole?

You probably should create a casework component with type parameters and you could put them all in a legend view. Or you could use instance parameters and make a schedule view. If you are putting them into a casework family, then make sure you use the Shared checkbox in the Family Categories and Parameters section of the Family Editor.

dpollard909366
2006-06-07, 12:16 PM
careful with the sarcastic comments Brad (also inside joke)

Ah yes I was thinking the legend would resize the plywood panels, but that is only with curtain panels in a legend (too much curtain panelling lately), that just may work..... they don't even have to pay you to be good Brad, you're good for nothin!

bowlingbrad
2006-06-07, 12:19 PM
you're good for nothin!

You're such a card, Dave.... You should be delt with immediately! :mrgreen: