PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-07, 02:59 PM
HELP

I'm stuck on this one.
I need to get this done as a curtain wall and not getting it right.
Can any one help please.

greg.mcdowell
2006-06-07, 07:28 PM
I don't see anything in the file...

Elmo
2006-06-08, 05:57 AM
I don't see anything in the file...Go to 3d and have a look at the mass that he has used. If your in another view just make sure that massing is switched on under visibility graphics.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-08, 07:00 AM
Mark,

Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish and what the problem is?

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-08, 08:08 AM
Sorry.

I have this mass and I would like to put curtain walling on the face of the mass.
I know how to do that but it is not following the face of the mass.
Have a look at the file and try get curtain walls on the face.

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-08, 08:37 AM
I get an error, can't divide curtain grid by grid. When I experiment with the grid pattern Revit thinks about it longer but fails. The only one I can place a curtain system on is the one end. When I remove the void that cuts the curvey shape it works fine. So I can only assume the the arcs that carve off the form are too "something" for Revit to work out the grids.

Looks like one for support to check out. You might try taking a close look at the void form and experiment with how the sketch is made to see if "clean" arc dimensions or similar have any effect?

al
2006-06-08, 02:25 PM
Got the same error. You can create a curtain system by lines and select the top and bottom edges of your mass. Don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-08, 02:31 PM
Hi al

I have tried that but then the curtain wall does not follow the curve in elevation is a straight wall.

al
2006-06-08, 02:58 PM
Do you mean for the grids to stay horizontal in elevation?

lev.lipkin
2006-06-08, 03:21 PM
To get curtain system to follow elevation, please add more curtain grid lines using curtain grid tool (curtain grid by lines does not put initial grids as curtain system by face does).
To choose between curtain system by face or by lines decide if you want horizontal grid lines or grid lines which blend between top and bottom curve.
We would investigate why curtain system by face fails. Apologize for trouble. (I checked that lines in sweep seems to work with curtain system by face). Consider using set of lines (which would correspond to the horizontal grids) in the sweep's profile (ends would follow the arc), then convert each resulting separate face into curtain system.

cindy.xingchen.wang
2006-06-08, 04:01 PM
Hi Mark,
To make curtain system by lines, you will then have to manually add curtain grids. The more grids you add, the more curved your curtain system will be.
Hope this explains Al's workaround.
I will also log this.
Thanks.
Cindy

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-09, 07:46 AM
Hey everyone

The problem is that the curtain wall curves in plan and elevation.
If you use curtain wall by line it does not curve the wall in elevation.

al
2006-06-09, 02:23 PM
I'm actually not sure what you mean by curve in elevation -- This example does follow the vertical curve as well as the horizontal. Is this closer to what you are looking for?

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-10, 04:24 AM
His model uses a sweep, the profile is an arc as well. So it curves in plan and in section. Plus the curves the void creates.

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-06-12, 09:10 AM
Thanks Steve for helping with the explanation.