PDA

View Full Version : Inputting exst'g conditions in Revit - Cd's in AutoCAD

tim.101799
2006-06-07, 08:13 PM
I have a new project that for the sake of work flow with the owner and various consultans has to be done in AutoCAD. No CAD files exist for the building, but we have the original paper architectural / structural drawings. To speed up inputting the building into CAD, I am thinking of inputting the building into Revit, then exporting it to AutoCAD for use in DD & CD's. In revit I would just use basic 2 line gereric wall styles, basic doors and not worry about any of the 3d Geometry. I just feel that using the wall, door, gris and misc other features in Revit would allow me to input the floor plans much quicker than straight AutoCAD.

Does anyone see any draw back to this?

Is trhere any chance of future problems with the AutoCAD files exported from Revit (curruption)?

Tim

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-07, 08:30 PM
What sort of standards are in place for the rest of the team that will inherit your work? As you go forward in dwg how will you work with the objects that Revit creates like door and window blocks etc?

If the rest of the team has effective blocks for the architectural elements and annotation it may be more tedious to start out with Revit and then switch everything?