PDA

View Full Version : Family in Multiple Schedules?

ctc
2006-06-07, 11:00 PM
How do I configure Revit to display a single object (family) in multiple schedules?

For example I have an electric wall heater which schedules in the Mechanical Equipment Schedule, but I also would like it to display in the Electrical Equipment Schedule without displaying other mechanical equipment.

aaronrumple
2006-06-07, 11:08 PM
How do I configure Revit to display a single object (family) in multiple schedules?

For example I have an electric wall heater which schedules in the Mechanical Equipment Schedule, but I also would like it to display in the Electrical Equipment Schedule without displaying other mechanical equipment.
There are a couple of options. The first is to create a multi-category schedule. You'll need to apply a filter to not display the unwanted equipment. This is probably the simplest.

The second would be to use nested families. You could add an electrical "device" to your water heater and then schedule the "device". Of course this device would be nothing more than a placeholder for the data you wanted to schedule.