PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Double Door Set, scale the two door leafs uniformly

b.boyes
2006-06-08, 07:59 AM
I have created a number of dynamic blocks including doors, windows etc. However i am having particular difficulty getting a double door set to scale the two door leafs uniformly when the overall structural opening is changed. In the attached block, you'll see by changing an individual leaf size I can achieve the result I'm after, but what i really need is to adjust the structural opening and have the doors scale accordingly. Any ideas?

Chris.N
2006-06-08, 01:43 PM
Sure! without a center mullion, you're in luck! make the Scale action 'Independant' from the Properties box, the scale base can then be placed wherever needed. then make your width parameter a list type and fill in what's needed.

whdjr
2006-06-08, 02:04 PM
Here is a double door block I made that you can look at.

b.boyes
2006-06-08, 05:26 PM
Thank you both for your input, greatly appreciated, my block now works how I expect it to.
Nice one.

jasonboos_13
2010-07-13, 05:22 PM
i am looking to forward to learning off from this block. Great job!!!

One thing though, for the scaling of the second arc, what objects do u select?

jweston558659
2012-08-08, 03:58 PM
I like this block, but can I change the molding on? I would like to make it just a wall thickness adjuster, but am unsure how to successfully edit. When I tried to edit this one, it looks fine with the mullion option, but without the mullion option the other half of the door shows the door, door swing, and molding in the wrong lineweight layers as the other half that I edited. I'm new to block editing, so a more descriptive answer is always preferred. Thanks!