PDA

View Full Version : Wall Style Cleanup Group Default?

.chad
2006-06-09, 04:08 PM
Im sure that somewhere there is a way I can have a wall style default to a set cleanup group - in this case, Demo Walls and Demo Clean-up Group, but I cant seem to find it, either in CAD, or here.

Danke
chad

richard.binning
2006-06-09, 04:20 PM
You can by creating a tool palette for your style. This is the easiest way to do it. The other way is to always use "Add Selected" to add additional walls to the drawing. Just be sure to apply the correct cleanup group prior to choosing "Add Selected".

Hint: Create a standard set of Wall Cleanup Group definitions and bury them in your office standards template file. This way every file created already has its own built in set of clean ups. When you insert new walls, you can simply click the pull down in the properties palette to assign a cleanup group on the fly!

.chad
2006-06-09, 04:35 PM
You can by creating a tool palette for your style. This is the easiest way to do it. The other way is to always use "Add Selected" to add additional walls to the drawing. Just be sure to apply the correct cleanup group prior to choosing "Add Selected".

Hint: Create a standard set of Wall Cleanup Group definitions and bury them in your office standards template file. This way every file created already has its own built in set of clean ups. When you insert new walls, you can simply click the pull down in the properties palette to assign a cleanup group on the fly!I didnt realize I could edit the tool palette like that!!

Unfortunately, we arent quite to having standard templates yet in the office. I know its on the list of projects to get done, but I dont know how high on the list it is :cry: The more I find out about ADT, the more I want to sit down and work on standards...

david_peterson
2006-06-09, 04:50 PM
If you don't start with the template, trying to "Standardize" a drawing set for clinet deliverables becomes almost impossible. Plus once you get the template done, then you can use that with the standard checker to fix problem drawings.
My 2 cents, tell the boss you can't do anything else until you get the templates done. It will save you lots and time and headaches in the end.