PDA

View Full Version : Occupant tag

scoe
2006-06-11, 04:30 PM
This probably is one of those easy things to solve, but I need to have a room tag that shows the room name, sf and "occupants", not "occupancy". I can get the schedule to list occupants with no problems, but I can't get the tag to show this.

I added a parameter in the room tag, but it wouldn't automatically update the tag.

What am I missing?

luigi
2006-06-12, 04:28 PM
This probably is one of those easy things to solve, but I need to have a room tag that shows the room name, sf and "occupants", not "occupancy". I can get the schedule to list occupants with no problems, but I can't get the tag to show this.

I added a parameter in the room tag, but it wouldn't automatically update the tag.

What am I missing?If you did it right, [in the project file]check the "type" property of the tag to make sure that it is checked to be visible

as a side note, you are familar with "shared parameters" right? that is the only way you could have set up the parameter correctly....

Let me know...

jason.martin
2006-06-13, 12:56 PM
There is no built in parameter for "occupants" but there is a built in parameter for "Number of People".

If you added a Project Parameter for "Occupants" you will be able to get it to show up in a schedule, but you won't be able to tag it. If you want to be able to tag and schedule a "user defined" parameter, you must create a shared parameter, as Luigi has indicated.

If you just want to track the number of people in the room, use the built in parameter.

jason

luigi
2006-06-13, 02:23 PM
Just to be clear, you can tag almost any parameter, including "shared parameter" the only parameter you cannot tag is the "calculated parameter" (which is a shame.... :(So, if you have a shared parameter, you can tag it, but it isn't an immediate thing...there is a few steps involved...

Peace,

Luigi