PDA

View Full Version : Rooms fill when selected

dbaldacchino
2006-06-12, 06:04 PM
This might be quick but I can't seem to figure it out and my help isn't working yet (waiting to re-install latest build).

Take a look at the following images. In some views when I select a room, it highlights with a fill. In others, it doesn't, even though the view detail is the same and both are set to wireframe. At first I thought it had something to do with the color fill in one view, but after taking it out, nothing changed. It has to be a view setting because when I apply a view template of a view where the room fills upon selection, it starts doing so in that view. I have gone through all the V/G settings but I can't seem to trace it.

In V/G under rooms, my views are set up with "Color Fill" checked. What does "Interior Fill" do? Thanks all!

Steve Jager
2006-06-12, 06:45 PM
No images to see, but "interior color fill" is the default room color from Revit. It's a very useful thing to have when you want to see what rooms are actually rooms visually and helps find rooms that are on top of each other , the dreaded "redundant room" because the color is different.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-12, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I goofed :) Now they're up in the original post.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-14, 03:30 AM
I thought this would have an easy and straightforward answer, but it doesn't look like it!

Does anyone know how to control this? Both images in my first post show two different views of the same room selected. In the first image, the room, though selected, doesn't highlight as a filled object, making it harder to see that it's selected. In the second image, the same space is also selected, but this time the room highlights with a blue-ish fill, which goes away once the room is de-selected.

bowlingbrad
2006-06-14, 12:36 PM
I can't seem to duplicate your issue... Can you strip the file down and post it? Also, make sure to file a support request! ;)

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-14, 02:59 PM
I can't make this happen either David. Any chance you have duplicate rooms in that space and one tag is blocking out the other? Is it a constant thing or random? A graphics card issue perhaps? :?

dbaldacchino
2006-06-14, 03:00 PM
I thought it was just something I was overlooking, but it doesn't seem so! Once I confirm it's a problem I'll file a SR (always do).

Here's a sample file. In one view the room doesn't hilight, in the other it does. I also saved a view template from the view that works....apply it to the other view and then it starts working. I can't figure what is causing this and it's driving me bonkers!

Phil Palmer
2006-06-14, 03:34 PM
The view that dosen't highlight appears to be in Wireframe

Changing that to hidden seems to do the trick

bowlingbrad
2006-06-14, 03:37 PM
The view that dosen't highlight appears to be in Wireframe

Changing that to hidden seems to do the trick

Yep, same here.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-14, 09:26 PM
"Dough!"

I knew it was simple....and no, my views were not both in wireframe as I said in my first post. I guess I'll work more in Hidden Line from now on! Thanks all.