PDA

View Full Version : Tracking components in project that increase file size

DanielleAnderson
2006-06-12, 06:13 PM
I have a fairly simple early-schematic model. I started out by importing (linking) the autocad site plan and then working off of that. Then, it was decided that there would be two identical buildings on the site (at least for now), so I decided to link the building model into a site twice, to save on modeling time.
The problem is: after I imported the site plan, the file was loading really slowly, so I went back to the autocad drawing and discovered that it contained raster images that were turned off, making it a large file. I deleted and purged the images in the autocad file, then went back to Revit - no change, still slow loading. So I went into revit and purged decals and checked to see that there were no raster images attached. The file is still pretty large, like 27megs for a +/- 20,000sf building that has basically walls, floors and roofs, no groups, and one repeated truss family, and it is taking about 5 minutes to open.
I wish there was some way to audit in Revit or to know the size of each component so that I could tell what is slowing me down.
Any other ideas on what could be going wrong?
Thanks!

Wes Macaulay
2006-06-12, 07:29 PM
Danielle... try doing a save-as and compacting the file; that may bring the size down. Complex geometries seem to add the most to a file's size. Acad drawings seem to hurt the most in terms of plan display performance tho -- esp hatching...