PDA

View Full Version : Bug report - Terrain Object, transform into Mesh Object from right-click menu

jaffarhu
2006-06-12, 11:54 PM
I didn`t know elsewhere to go.. So I`m writing in here.. This is more like a handler error than a bug... If any of you reds this post, please try this: tray to make a terrain compound object, and than transforming it into mesh, but not by "turn to mesh" modifier, but from the right-click menu.. After you`ve done this, try making a boolean operation involving that terrain object.. And then, almighty 3DS Max will bravely snap!, leading to an error report message.
I`ve only tried this on Max8, but surely it happens the same for any other version...
Anyway, I got nothing anainst the Discreet guys, and the beta testers, but this is like a real problem for me, not wanting to edit any vertex or polygon of the newly transformed mesh. It would only slow me, so, we got a situation aver here.. Don`t you think? I lost a serious amount of time manualy editing a hole in my mesh, instead of using a simple command...
So... What is your opinion of this mest-up situation?

Mike.Perry
2006-06-13, 07:00 AM
Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Autodesk 3ds Max Wish List (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=302) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

jaffarhu
2006-06-14, 10:42 AM
you`re welcome... but still no answers, ha?