PDA

View Full Version : Lineweights in Imports from Autocad

mccurdyks
2006-06-13, 05:08 PM
I've read everything I can find with no resolution of my particular issue.

A number of Autocad details were linked into a current revit 8.1 building project about two months ago using the default import lineweights setting (so everything "default" in the autocad file comes in as a Revit lineweight of 1). I want to change this.

I've tried to change the import lineweight settings in revit, then "reload" the links with no change. I've also tried "reload from" with no change.

I've gone back to the Autocad file and assigned actual weights to the layers (all our linework is by layer), saved the Autocad file, then gone back to Revit and tried "Reload" and "Reload From" with no luck.

The only way I can force a change back into Revit (either through the Revit import lineweight settings or by changing the Autocad file itself; both will work this way) is by removing the linked files, then importing them again. Great if I only had one instance, but some of these links are all over the place and I have quite a few links.

In hindsight, I would force the 100% Revit issue, but it's the 11th hour now and I need to know if anyone has encountered this behavior before and/or found a workaround. If not, I'll just deal with it in the "Object Styles" dialogue...

Thanks in advance.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-13, 05:22 PM
I've gone through this recently....read this post:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=40609

Make sure your linework is set to default lineweight in Autocad (make sure all layers are set to that) and then edit your Import Lineweight settings. Once you reload the links, it will fix your linked dwgs and you don't have to re-import.

mccurdyks
2006-06-13, 10:02 PM
Saw this before I posted...what else ya got. I even attempted this in a new project with only one linked file with no luck.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-13, 10:06 PM
Got nothing else.....it just works. I have no idea what's wrong in your situation, or if you're doing something wrong. I was experiencing similar stuff until I finally figured it all out and discovered I had a wrong setting in my import lineweight settings. Since then, everything has been working as expected.

kenmarcus
2006-09-26, 06:36 PM
Make sure to uncheck preserve graphic overrides otherwise you will not see the changes.