PDA

View Full Version : A,B,C.....elevations

Vaioarch
2006-06-14, 09:52 PM
I think that I have seen this question before but can't seem to find the answer with a search.

How do you do a house with multiple elevations? Like for production builders?

Thanks,
V

archjake
2006-06-14, 09:58 PM
You can use design options, but if it is way too complex you may have to save your model out as a separate file from which one of the elevations is based from.

Now that I understand design options better I'd do it all in options. Its just that options begin to grow and take over your model. Pretty soon you'll find yourself having two or three of everything.

Vaioarch
2006-06-14, 10:51 PM
Once I have created a new elevation, how do I put it onto a sheet if it isn't the primary elevation?

mlgatzke
2006-06-15, 12:11 AM
You'll want to duplicate the view (with detail if you have dimensions and notes you want to keep). You then bring up the view properties and you'll see a setting for "Visible in Option". Set this for the option you want to see. Voila, your option is visible no matter what the primary option is. Also, do your annotation and dimensioning in this view, not in the main view because the dimensions and view dependant annotation will disappear every time you change the option you're viewing.

Vaioarch
2006-06-15, 01:20 AM
Awesome! Thank you both very much!

-V