PDA

View Full Version : Area Boundary Lines Disappeared!!!

YCHEN
2006-06-16, 12:32 AM
Has anyone ever placed area boundary lines in a model only to then close the model file and then reopen later with them all gone?! What do you think could have happened? Is there any fix other than reselecting the walls again? Are area boundary lines unstable in general? How can we know that this won't just happen again and again?
We are trying to set up code analysis sheets with room occupancies and exiting information and this setback is KILLING us!
Any thoughts, tips or tricks would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciated....

greg.mcdowell
2006-06-16, 01:16 AM
Just checking the obvious... are the lines turned off in the Visibility Graphics for that view?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-06-16, 04:32 AM
Again, the obvious. Are you looking at an area plan or a regular floor plan?
(You know we're only asking this stuff 'cus we've all done the same :) )

Chris DiSunno
2006-06-16, 01:50 PM
Another hmmm reply. By chance were the area plans created in 8 then upgraded to 9?

My area plans changed a bit when I upgraded an old project. I've never had them dissappear.

Last thought, is worksets enabled and someone working "at risk" on the area plans?

YCHEN
2006-06-16, 05:11 PM
thanks for the suggestions. i double checked anything visibility related, but was not able to find anything to fix it. we created the area plans in 9.

we encountered with the Area Tag, which i think may just be a weird bug in the program, unless anyone else can shed light on the phenomenon. for some reason when Area Tags are assigned the SAME name as Room Tags, the hatch pattern (or color fill) for the Area becomes sticky (ONLY in MULTI-STOREY buildings for some reason), even after you delete the Area. the only work around that i could come up with in the wee hours of the night was to rename the Rooms, and that somehow unstuck the fill pattern.... anyway, in general i feel like we are doing a lot of faky things in Revit to get our drawings to look right... i can go on and on about that...