PDA

View Full Version : Custom Baluster Problem

ryan.87191
2006-06-16, 06:33 PM
I have a custom baluster that I created. It's mourish in style, so it's got some froofy detailing. The problem I can't adjust the height once it's been imported into the project. I've messed around with the railing adjustments and nothing seems to work. I've attached the file if anyone wants to take a wack at it.

Thanks,
Ryan

dnilsson
2006-06-16, 08:26 PM
Hmm. I imported it into an existing railing and it seems to adjust ok. Maybe I misuderstood the question?

ryan.87191
2006-06-16, 09:00 PM
Thanks for lookin at that.

Can you attach an image of your Rail Structure? That's where I make the adjustments and it doesn't respond. Did the Baluster Height change with the Rail Height or did you modify them seperatly?

fernando
2006-06-16, 09:14 PM
usually when we create a baluster with some kind of arching lines, it breaks if we create a railing with a height greater than the one we use in the creation of the baluster, the arch break if the height grew from a certain value, verify that.

Other problem could be the attach of elements one to the others that are constrained to the upper reference plan, trough others that are not constrained

dnilsson
2006-06-18, 08:24 PM
Thanks for lookin at that.

Can you attach an image of your Rail Structure? That's where I make the adjustments and it doesn't respond. Did the Baluster Height change with the Rail Height or did you modify them seperatly?

I'm not in the office to attach a shot of the rail structure, but all I did was plug it into one of the stock railings replacing the round pipe balluster and when I flexed the location of the top rail, the balluster flexed with it. I'll post a file on Monday if that helps.

dnilsson
2006-06-19, 03:12 PM
Attached is the file. Hope it helps.