PDA

View Full Version : Locking a Rotation Angle Fulcrum

wcaramella
2006-06-16, 09:19 PM
I am trying to rotate a void extrusion around the center line of a column at the top of the column. The top of the column is attached to a level and increases or decreases in length as the level height changes. The void is to allow the top of the column to angle either direction while remaining locked to the level line. Is it possible to lock a rotation angle to a level and still have it a flexible rotation parameter?

Any thoughts or approaches?

jmartin.109667
2006-06-16, 10:04 PM
great question. anyone?

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-16, 10:28 PM
could you post an example of what you want to do

Justin

Scott D Davis
2006-06-16, 10:38 PM
In the family, using a Reference Line rather than a Reference Plane, where the endpoint of the Ref Liine lands at the intersection of 2 Ref Planes should keep the pivot point of the line constrained. Then add a rotational parameter from the angled Ref Line to the horizontal Ref Plane.

Justin Marchiel
2006-06-16, 10:57 PM
that was kind of what i was thinking but i wanted to be clear on what he was doing. getting a little sleepy this firday afternoon....

Justin

wcaramella
2006-06-16, 11:00 PM
The reference line instead of the reference plain was the trick. Now, now matter the height of the level that the top of the column is set to, the void, which determines the angle (an adjustable parameter) of the top of the column moves accordingly.

Thanks a ton.

I will post an example soon.