PDA

View Full Version : Windows keeps trying to reinstall Revit

blumarble
2006-06-17, 03:31 PM
I know this is probably a Windows problem, but I'm hoping I can find an answer here...
I installed Revit 9, then installed another program. Now, everytime I try to run the "other" program, I get the "Preparing to install Revit 9.." window. After hitting cancel 2-3 times it quits trying to install Revit and the "other" program runs fine (Revit runs fine also).
I found the Windows Install Cleanup tool, deleted Revit 9, reinstalled it without any problems, and I get the same thing. I installed another program and the same thing happens. It seems that anything I install after the initial Revit 9 (this didn't happen with Revit 8) will now try to reinstall Revit.
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

DaveP
2006-06-17, 05:27 PM
I've seen the same thing with various Autodesk products. I believe there is a flaw somewhere in the Autodesk installer routines. (Still believe it even though I got dinged with negative "rep" points for saying so in another post).

Have you tried running Revit with administrative privileges after installing? That has fixed the problem for me a couple of times. My theory is that the program gets installed, but isn't fully configured until it's been run once. If you install it as administrator, and then run it for the first time as someone without admin rights, it can't finish configuring itself.