PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected doors appear in sections

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-05, 04:14 PM
If a section plane cuts a door plan swing, some lines of the door can appear in the section view. I only want a door to appear if the section plane cuts the wall opening, not the door plan swing. Is there any solution for this?

Yman
2003-06-05, 04:32 PM
Not that I know of. I would like that fixed also. I move my section cuts to be right past the plan swing line of the door. This is hard to do when you got different floors and there is 1 door in the way below or above.

Y.

sbrown
2003-06-05, 06:01 PM
I usually just turn off the door swing category or the whole door cat, depending on what is needed.

Yman
2003-06-05, 06:08 PM
Yeah but that doesn't really do any good. We like the elevation swings to show on the doors and I'm not going to draw them in by hand. I find it easier if 1 door is showing a elevation swing that I just use the linework tool-invisible and the whole thing disappears, but now I have a new situation that I haven't had before and it wants to show the door slab over everything that I want to see. Didn't do this in other versions? :?

Y

sbrown
2003-06-05, 06:17 PM
I dont' think it did, I just noticed that on one of my jobs, it stinks. Part of my window beyond is hidden by a doorswing that isn't even really 3d geometry.

Yman
2003-06-05, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a bug. We better let them know. I'll email my dude, CSA. Thanks Scott. I was wondering if it was just me.

Y.

Zig
2003-06-06, 12:50 AM
This problem has occurred for as long as I can remember. (Revit 3? and beyond). My usual solution is to shut off visibility of door swings - a bit of a compromise. I thought I reported it as a bug over a year ago but maybe not?

Yman
2003-06-06, 03:29 PM
Yeah it has been a problem before but I just hid the swing line with the linework tool. Couple of seconds later done, but know the door slabs hide everything. Check it out if your using 5.1. Or maybe Scott and I are crazy.

Y

Allen Lacy
2003-06-06, 03:48 PM
Similar problem with component objects. This section is cut through the walk-in freezer, but it shows the entire freezer and hides the partition that should be seen to the floor.
[/img]

Steve_Stafford
2003-06-06, 04:08 PM
...Or maybe Scott and I are crazy.
I think those are two separate issues? (crazy :screwy: and doors, better check known issues) :twisted:

I've also seen groups affected by this, try grouping some rooms with doors on both sides of a corridor. Then put a section through the corridor...I had the doors behind showing up in the view too, panic ensued, Bye Bye groups...phew...

GS Fulton
2003-06-06, 11:01 PM
I've had to use hide/isolate (have to do it every time I load the job) It appears that if your section line catches any part of the object (door or whatever) it shows the whole thing. Kind of a bug. Would really be nice to be able to control the section cut lines better.