PDA

View Full Version : Line weights for Room Tags

DaveP
2006-06-19, 07:43 PM
Hi guys;
I'm finally getting around to customizing our Annotation line weights. (Getting sick of hearing "Revit can't make drawings that "pop")
I've got most of the setting the way I want, but a couple I haven't been able to find.
Callouts have a sub-category for Leader, but not much else does. From what I can see, I'm stuck with the same line weight for the leader as the box around the Room Tag. Likewise the Keynote symbol & leader.
Anybody know a way to tweak those?

TIA

aggockel50321
2006-06-20, 12:58 PM
As far as I know, adjusting leader line weights or colors is not supported at this time.

I think it's been a wishlist item in the past...

dbaldacchino
2006-06-21, 02:59 AM
Edit a room tag family, go to the Object Styles and create a new subcategory (I'd call it "POP" haha). It will be under Generic Annotations. Now assign that subcategory to your tag linework. Assign any lineweight you want to this category in your project/template.

DaveP
2006-06-22, 09:04 PM
Hey, Dave - thanks.
I finally got a chance to try this.
Did what you said, but after I added the new Sub-cat, its doesn't show up anywhere.
I only get <Invisible Lines> and Room Tags as options when I draw a Line.
Can't see my new sub-cat anywhere :screwy:

dbaldacchino
2006-06-22, 10:50 PM
You have to select "Room Tags" before clicking on Add subcategory, because otherwise it goes under Generic Annotations...that's why you're not seeing it :)

DaveP
2006-06-23, 01:27 AM
Ahhh, I see.

So I guess my hopes for making one "Generic" BUBBLE sub-category are dashed.
Oh, well, such is life.

BTW, the reason I'm doing this is we never paid any attention to the Annotation line weights - just left them all as they come from the Factory. We got a lot of complaints that "Revit drawings look too flat" and "Revit can't make decent CD drawings".
Sure it can, we were just focusing on making things accurate and efficient.

Now that I've spent some time, and gotten a couple of Designers to review Line Weights, these drawings pop!

Pen 4 seems good for most Annotation.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-23, 02:42 AM
When I started in Revit, the first thing I did was map our typical pen weights to some Revit weights (modified to suit). I've told the team that things change globally in Revit, so they should bring up anything they don't like.....they were happy to see how quick it is to change how something prints. My biggest gripe about lineweights are elevations. Using the silhouette you can get some decent drawings. Unfortunately if you have sweeps in walls (like accent bands) you're gonna burn some serious time using the linework tool to make them look right. What a bummer!