PDA

View Full Version : Speed up a lot of simular drawings

E-Key
2006-06-19, 08:12 PM
In my project I use precast panels. I created a family which works exactly how I want. It also calculates quantities of nested elements. Now I need to create more then hundred drawing sheets for each element type in family. I have to create for each element a schedule filtering by its name, a number of sections, put a lot dimensions on each view, create a sheet and place title block, all views and schedules on the sheet. It's a lot of routine work.
So I'm asking for opinion how to speed up that work.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

sbrown
2006-06-19, 08:21 PM
You could right an API to do that I think. I don't know how to do it myself, but I think its an easy task for someone.

Andre Baros
2006-06-19, 09:19 PM
Is there a way that you could create a custom tag for this object type and "tag" each element to get the information. This would at lease let you skip creating hundreds of schedules. I once created a light fixture tag which reported the light type, wattage and zone for control layouts. Your tag would just be formated to look like a shedule.

As far as dimensions go, you could add a new subcategory of symbolic lines for "dimensions" drawn in the actual family. Your "fake" dimensions could be tagged "A", "B", etc and your schedule "tag" (from above) could simply report the values for each of those for each type or instance (but don't mix type properties and instance properties for these).

I don't have a faster way of putting things on sheets...

If you're doing so many of these panels, I hope you're also embedding all your details so that you can just change the level of detail and not detail so many different conditions.