PDA

View Full Version : Stack Wall Insert Problems

wse1
2006-06-19, 10:30 PM
I am having trouble getting a window to host to the coorect layer in a stack wall. As the help guide says

" To place the door properly, select the door, and click Pick Main Host on the Options Bar. Place the cursor on the wall, and select one of the component walls. You may need to press TAB to select the desired wall. "

When I pick the window, I am not seeing the "Pick Main Host" button on the options bar or anywhere else to change the host. Is this because It only works for doors and not windows?

Thanks for the help!

eddy.lermytte
2006-06-19, 11:49 PM
wse
The Pick Main Host appears whether the window is already placed in the wall or not.

If the window is not placed yet ... There's no need of the "pick main host wall" option.
Place the pointer on the wall you want to be the main host > click. Have a look also at the left corner below > "click wall to place window"
Have a look also at the green dashed line that appears when hovering the window over the stacked walls before you place the window, indicating in which part of the stacked Revit will place it .

If the window is already placed ... the Pick Main Host appears.... allowing you to chose / reset that part of the stacked wall it already cuts to be the main host for the window

wse1
2006-06-20, 01:20 PM
Eddy,

I'm still not seeing the "pick main host wall" option on the option bar when I select the window or try to insert a new one. Is this feature new to Revit 9.0 or does the wall have to be a special type? I am running 8.1 on this project.

Thanks for the help!

eddy.lermytte
2006-06-20, 02:40 PM
See picture in attachement