PDA

View Full Version : Can't add color to Edit Color Scheme

Steve Jager
2006-06-20, 02:00 PM
I am trying to add a new Color (to the pull down list) to the Edit color scheme dialog box.

Any ideas?

davidcobi
2006-06-20, 03:51 PM
If you goto Settings... Project Parameters... Add... you can create a new parameter and check the Areas category. The new parameter will list in your pull down list.

Scott D Davis
2006-06-20, 03:56 PM
How are your colors determined? Room Name, catagory, etc? You need to add another description to get another color. For instance, if the color scheme is by Room Name, and you have Bedroom and Bathroom and 2 colors showing, adding a room called Kitchen will add another color.

vpoon
2006-07-17, 03:53 PM
Scott, I'm not sure what happen to my room color fills. I can't get the color fills to display. Normally when I insert a room element and the color fills would display. But for some odd reason, I can't see the colors. The interesting thing is the colors are displayed in the color fill list. I am desperate for some help on this one.

Scott D Davis
2006-07-17, 04:03 PM
If the file was upgraded from 8.x to Revit 9.0, then there was a change in where the visibility settings for color fills is lcoated. It's under "rooms" now. Make sure that the color fills are turned on.

vpoon
2006-07-17, 04:14 PM
This is a new project which I started in 9. I can see the colors in the color fill legend, but no colors on the rooms. Does that mean I have color fills off? Sorry, I'm still trying to understand this change in release 9. Thanks

douggodfrey
2006-07-17, 04:46 PM
Turn off the visability of the floors.

vpoon
2006-07-17, 05:26 PM
I've tried that too. Its really weird because I've never had this problem before. The only thing different with this project is I have set a shared project coordinates. What else can be causing this?

Turn off the visability of the floors.

jamie.casile80054
2006-07-21, 09:15 PM
hi, were you able to figure this out? color fills only show up on hidden line and wireframe views. not in shading...
good luck,
jamie

ajayholland
2006-07-23, 05:22 PM
Scott, I'm not sure what happen to my room color fills. I can't get the color fills to display. Normally when I insert a room element and the color fills would display. But for some odd reason, I can't see the colors. The interesting thing is the colors are displayed in the color fill list. I am desperate for some help on this one.

With version 9, rooms are now objects, and as such they are affected by the “Cut Pattern Color” in the “Override Model Patterns” dialog (see attachment).

~AJH