PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to get more screen space

erikbjur
2006-06-20, 07:47 PM
Enter a shortcut for the browser window. Every time you need to use the browser, hit your shortcut. When your done, hit it again and it will disappear. The factory fixed the bug where the browser size would reset each time. Just thought I would pass this along. I haven't checked to see if this was posted yet. Forgive me if someone already mentioned it.

patricks
2006-06-20, 07:59 PM
If you run dual monitors but have Revit only on 1 monitor, you can also drag the browser over to the other monitor. It does, however, go back to the original spot when you close and re-open Revit.

Chad Smith
2006-06-20, 10:25 PM
The factory fixed the bug where the browser size would reset each time.It's half way fixed, it now just needs to remember it's un-docked position. Currently it will re-dock even if it was un-docked to begin with.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-21, 01:41 AM
If you have a dual screen and place the Browser on one of them, when you edit a family and then close the file, the Browser goes back to the other screen (where Revit is). It's kinda irritating :banghead:

It would be so sweet if we could put different views on the second screen (without spanning the Revit application window). I know I'd be using it a lot!.

gordolake
2006-06-21, 02:06 AM
Hmmm I agree.

Revit needs to remember more than just browser position.

After resizing and positioning dialogue boxes in a session, e.g. file open, edit screens, browser, and the revit window itself (whether dual screen or single), it would be fantastic if it would open next session with previously set position and sized dialogue boxes. I hate having to drag everything to a more convenient size & position every time revit is run.

Steve

Chad Smith
2006-06-21, 02:25 AM
...it would be fantastic if it would open next session with previously set position and sized dialogue boxes. I hate having to drag everything to a more convenient size & position every time revit is run.I commented on the same thing many years ago, and the official reply was that they didn't want to slow down the application loading by having to load all the saved settings/parameters.
Personally, I thought the reasoning was pretty weak and would rather these settings be restored upon loading so I don't have to do it myself every time.

cphubb
2006-06-21, 03:01 PM
Actually Revit needs the docking palette system that Autocad 07 uses. We just upgraded and the interface is really good. We have 6 palettes docked to the sides of the screen and they fly out when hovered over. I originally disliked this option in '06 because the palettes were really twitchy and often collapsed when I was entering data. But the 07 version is much better.

I also use the quick key for the browser but it would be great if it would fly out or some other method. CATIA has their project hierarchy right on top of the model view and it can be opened and closed with quick keys. Really a graphics drain though

guy.messick825831
2006-06-21, 05:43 PM
What, may I ask, is the command to place in the shortcuts that brings up the browser?

Thanks

gibson.tim91884
2006-06-21, 05:51 PM
Personally, I thought the reasoning was pretty weak...

That's really weak, since the saving/loading should be done when the dialog loads for the first time, and saved when the dialog closes, not when the app loads and closes. And a registry hit is pretty fast (much faster than a user!). :beer: